Free mental health support and signposting
For any mental health enquiry, large or small, we provide information and signposting to mental health services for people living in Oxfordshire.
We’re here for people affected by mental ill health, as well as families, friends, carers and professionals. You can ask us a specific question about mental health or mental health services, or tell us about your situation and we’ll suggest some options for getting you help and support.
We can’t give medical advice or make a diagnosis, but we’re certainly able to point you in the direction of someone who can.
Open Monday to Thursday, 9:30am to 4:30pm; Friday 9:30am to 4:00pm. The service is closed on bank holidays.
When you’re looking for support and/or wish to access Oxfordshire Mind’s services, we’ll offer you a one-off ‘Options Session’ with one of our Wellbeing Service workers. This session takes place over the phone and lasts around 25 minutes.
During the session, we will:
- Take some personal information
- Complete a brief wellbeing questionnaire
- Talk about your mental health, lifestyle and wellbeing
- Provide information about relevant services, including our own
- Discuss the Wellbeing check in that you will receive on text or email to review your wellbeing and discuss any steps taken.
What happens next
After your session, you’ll be emailed or posted a summary of what was recommended. This will happen within 7 days of you having your options session. These one-off sessions are confidential and free. We’re here to help you decide what’s best for you.
Options Sessions are open to anyone over the age of 16 living in Oxfordshire who wants information and support around their mental health. If you’re worried about your own mental health, this can be a good place to start getting help.
You cannot book an options session on behalf of someone else, this is a self-referral service only.
- Happens approx. 8-12 weeks after your options session
- Ask you to complete another wellbeing questionnaire
- Ask a series of lifestyle questions [this is optional]
- Establish whether any additional support and signposting is needed
- Request feedback on your experience with Oxfordshire Mind to date
All responses are read and if further support is needed, a worker will contact you via email, text or phone to offer that support.
We value the feedback we receive from the users of our services, as this helps to shape our services for future users.