Organisations from across Oxfordshire have shown their commitment to making prevention a priority for improved mental health, and reduced suicide and self-harm as part of new partnership groups and plans.
The Mental Health Prevention Framework (2020-2023) (pdf format, 871Kb) outlines how organisations are planning to work together for everyone in Oxfordshire to have the opportunity to achieve good mental health and wellbeing. It will focus on working with partners across the system, insight and evaluation, creating confident professionals, and resilient communities.
The Suicide and Self Harm Prevention Strategy (2020-2024) (pdf format, 4.2Mb), represents the combined work of the Oxfordshire Suicide Prevention Multi-Agency Group, combined with residents’ views, gained via focus groups and surveys. It aims to focus on suicide safer communities, front line professionals and settings, accessible support for those bereaved by or with living experience of suicide, and a strong integrated prevention network.”
- Guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus (COVID-19) – this includes guidance for people with existing mental health conditions
- Guidance for parents and carers on supporting children and young people’s mental health and wellbeing during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak – this includes guidance for CYP with LD, Autism and physical health conditions.
If you are experiencing suicidal feelings or thinking about self-harm and you would like to access support or help, the following partners can help you:
- Samaritans – 116123
- Oxford Safe Haven 01865 903037
- Banbury Safe Haven – 01295 270004
- Oxford Cruse – bereavement support – 01865 245398
- Papyrus – support for young people 0800 068 4141
- CALM – 0800 585858
- Oxfordshire Mind – 01865 247788
- Topaz LGBT Oxford – https://www.topazoxford.org.uk/
- Support after suicide – https://supportaftersuicide.org.uk/support-guides/help-is-at-hand/
We would like to hear your thoughts about suicide and self-harm prevention. Please complete our survey which opens on 10 September at 9am